In order to take the Linguaskill test, certain requirements must be met. When the test is held on our premises, the Virginia Lyons Test Centre is responsible for meeting these requirements and for the proper functioning of IT equipment.
When the test is taken at home, the candidate will be responsible for the proper functioning of their computer, periferals and internet connection which will be used to take the exam and for meeting any and all requirements necessary to be able to take the test.
- Laptop or desktop computer (Windows, macOS).
- Internet connection, minimum 1.5Mb/s o 3G (10Mb/s or optic fiber recommended)
- Minimum screen size 13 inches
- Minimum screen resolution 1280 X 1024
- RAM memory minimum 512MB (4GB recommended)
- Hard drive space minumum 4GB (10GB recommended)
- Google Chrome must be installed
- “ProctorExam Screen Sharing” for Google Chrome is needed (you can download it here)
- A headset with microphone
- Smart Phone with Android o IOS
- Android 5.1 or higher
- IOS 10.0 or higher
- Install the “ProctorExam” app on your Smart Phone (it is free and you can find it on: Play Store or App Store)
Important! – The following smartphone models are not compatible with the ProctorExam app:
Huawei P30, Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016), All Google Pixel models.
Failure to meet these requirements means the candidate will not be allowed to take the Linguaskill test.
You can check the status of your system by clicking on this link, you can also check your headset by clicking here.
Our recommendations for Linguaskill at home
If the test is taken online, the Virginia Lyons Exam Centre cannot be held responsible for any malfunction of the computer equipment on which the test is to be taken. The candidate is responsible for ensuring that the computer on which they are taking the test meets all the requirements and is in good working order.
Before the test
- Close all apps on your computer except Google Chrome.
- Postpone or disable all the OS updates for the duration of the test.
- Read candidate regulations before the test.
- Watch the Linguaskill tutorials before starting the test:
- Make sure that the room where you are taking the test has enough light and no external noise.
- You are not allowed to have electronic devices (e.g. tablet, camera etc.) with you during the test or breaks.
During the test
- Make sure your face is visible throughout the test.
- Do not leave the room during the test.
- Do not leave the Google Chrome app Google Chromeduring the test otherwise you will be disqualified.
Good luck with your Linguaskill exam